// // // // // // //
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
To create a new topic, please log in or click here to register for free.

TOPIC: FOIA and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

FOIA and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency 6 years 8 months ago #789

• Francesca
  • EXO, PTE, TWS
+amdg+

Apparently, as it was explained today, as long as you select the "Other", as pertaining to requestor, as long as you are not a news organization, an educational institution, etc., as long as you are one of the people, you qualify for the first two hours of research free of charge, beyond that, it will cost you $60/hour to research your request.

Now, if you can narrow your request to as specific and particular as you can, and break up the request of documents singly, you may stand a chance of acquiring your document without having to pay. (Will update you, when they communicate back)

My Story:
I contacted them inquiring with regards to the legal status of a particular bank branch.
In order to do so, I had to inquire with the OCC, as the bank is chartered by the OCC and not licensed by the state.
My research shows that the state the branch is located in, Minnesota, does not require anything of branches/offices to operate their establishment.
Unlike other states, that require to either submit an application to notify that they will be doing business in the state [like a DBA], or submit an application to receive a Certificate of Authority, Minnesota apparently does not require any kind of paperwork.
They can literally just occupy a space and open up shop.
But, apparently, they are required to submit an application for a branch opening with the OCC.
And this application will be very helpful for my research.
I am looking to prove that the entity, at that particular address, does not have any paperwork to support their legal status, which would deny them venue and standing in the forum, and would require my county court to remove themselves from adjudicating the matter, along with removing standing of the claimant to bring forth a claim, as they are looking like a non-existing person at this point.

Just thought I would share how to submit a FOIA inquiry, and what kind of inquiry is available.
Hopefully this will help anyone who is being attacked by false claims from non-existing persons.

Peace and blessings, Francesca
To reply to this message, please log in or click here to register for free.
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Francesca.
To create a new topic, please log in or click here to register for free.
Moderators: Christian, Michael
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds