// // // // // // //
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
To create a new topic, please log in or click here to register for free.

TOPIC: Can a Canadian run U.S.-based tax-exempt organizations as described in the Exempt Organizations course?

Can a Canadian run U.S.-based tax-exempt organizations as described in the Exempt Organizations course? 6 years 4 weeks ago #919

• Rolando
  • Junior Forum User
Hi all.

Does operating in trust in any given country apply equally to foreign-born citizens as it does natural-born citizens?

Here's an example of what I mean:

Let's say you're a Canadian citizen by birth. You create your U.S. corporation and fulfill all obligations under an E-2 VISA.

You get more freedom to visit and stay in the U.S while your business still runs. You pay corporate taxes. If you spend a certain amount of time, won't you be required to become a tax resident?

If you conduct your business affairs properly and operate fully in trust beforehand, can you apply the "Living Free of the System" to this situation? Could a foreign national successfully put the IRS on notice of its "tax non-obligation"?

Is this scenario even valid?
To reply to this message, please log in or click here to register for free.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Rolando. Reason: My original title came from a misunderstanding of operating in trust as a foreign national.

Does operating in trust in any given country apply equally to foreign-born citizens as it does natural-born citizens? 6 years 3 weeks ago #920

• GTEN Trustee
  • Christian
  • Trustee
You're mixing concepts. A private trust can be tax non-obligated if properly administered. That has no bearing on the Living Free of the System course information. Living Free of the System shows how an American born free inhabitant can legally and lawfully avoid personal income tax liability as an employee.
The universe occurs to me as a fractal of primordial energy to be manifested into the material by intention.

Does operating in trust in any given country apply equally to foreign-born citizens as it does natural-born citizens? 6 years 3 weeks ago #921

• Rolando
  • Junior Forum User
I get your point. Yes, I should use an entrepreneur's perspective, not an employee's.

In order to incorporate, E-2 VISA requires me to apply for an EIN, making my corporation liable for taxes. I've read that foreign nationals can only start S-Corps only if they're permanent residents or pass the substantial presence test.

As a foreign national, can I register a tax-exempt organization and still qualify for a E-2 VISA? Based on what I see, yes, but probably with caveats.

Then wouldn't your "Exempt Organizations" course apply as well?

I ask these questions because you had mentioned that the "Exempt Organizations" is the least applicable to Canadians. It may just mean that I need to close some gaps in order to make it work.

Does operating in trust in any given country apply equally to foreign-born citizens as it does natural-born citizens? 5 years 11 months ago #941

• GTEN Trustee
  • Christian
  • Trustee
You will need to up on the rules of the 501 tax exempt organizations to see who can own them. If a Canadian organization can own and operate a 501 company, then yes, you could develop American corporate credit for that entity.
The universe occurs to me as a fractal of primordial energy to be manifested into the material by intention.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rolando
To create a new topic, please log in or click here to register for free.
Moderators: Christian, Michael
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds